Sunday, May 24, 2009

Swimming

For the last few months, every time we hold Hunter in the air on his belly, he kicks his legs - as if he were swimming. I never realized how hilarious it was until we showed our friends / relatives and they always bust up laughing! So, we decided it was time to put Hunter to the test...

Yesterday, we took him swimming for the first time. When Josh put him in the pool, he apparently did not like it at all and started crying (I say "apparently" because I wasn't there when Hunter first got in the pool, as Josh decided to get in without me - I was busy getting the camera ready...) By the time I had the camera ready, Hunter was warming up to the experience. And then after a few minutes, he was LOVING it! He was kicking and splashing and laughing!

I had bought him this crab floating thing and we put him in it. He loved that as well and was even able to kick enough to move himself around in it!

Right before we were getting ready to leave, Josh was holding him and he looked away for a few seconds to check on our belongings. Hunter glanced at me, gave me a nice big smile and then threw his face right into the water! He came back up and was gasping for air and coughing and crying. I felt so bad because there was nothing I could do for him...

After a couple of minutes, he got it all cleared out but he was acting really tired, so we got out of the pool to leave. Just as we did, we heard a whistle blow and they told everyone to get out of the pool. Someone had left a "floater!" So, I guess we picked a good time to leave! :P Although, it doesn't make me feel very good that Hunter was swimming around in the pool for who knows how long with a little terd! Yuck!

Here's a video of him swimming...

2 comments:

Shelbi Jean said...

I am at work checking out your blog and I literally laughed out loud when I read the "floater" story- akward :) How hilarious. I am glad it worked out for you guys, I was really curious to see how he would do- glad it was a good experience.

Dave said...

I think Hunter might give Michael Phelps a run for his money in a few years with that swimming talent!