Thursday, April 2, 2009

6 Months Old!

Hunter turned 6 months old today! Time flies by so fast! It seems like just yesterday that I took him home from the hospital and now he is a half of a year old! It's nuts!

He is at such a fun age. He is so aware of everything that goes on around him now and it's fun to watch his reactions to different things.

He is also developing quite the sense of humor! If he's in the right mood, he thinks EVERYTHING is funny! I've noticed that the "right mood" is usually when he is really tired and is pretty much delirious! You can say ANY word to him or make any gesture and he'll just laugh hysterically! I tested the "any" word out the other day and he was laughing at words ranging from "hey" to "Nielson." And on Sunday, Josh was putting a trash bag in the garbage can and when he shook out the bag so he could put it in the can, Hunter thought that was the funniest thing ever! I'm not sure what he thought was funny about it; whether it was the sound or just the motion of him shaking it out but he laughed for like 5 minutes straight! I'll have to try and get him laughing on video because it's hilarious!

He still likes to rolly polly as soon as you set him down on his back and he still doesn't prefer his tummy. It makes it hard because he still hasn't figured out how to roll from his stomach to his back. It will be nice when he figures that out, so when he gets sick of tummy time, he can just roll over! The next milestone I am anticipating is him sitting on his own. He's almost there, so I'm sure he'll figure it out in the coming weeks.

His 6 month check up is tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it because the doctor's office = shots. I'll probably make a post about that experience in the next few days...

No comments: