Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Official Haircut

Josh FINALLY let me cut Hunter's hair! As adorable as my little guy was with his long curly locks, they were just starting to look too "pretty" and I wanted him to look like a little man. So, on the 17th, I took him to his first professional haircut (we've cut his hair a few times by ourselves). I ended up being late for my appointment because there was a semi rollover on the freeway, so they had it shut down... so I ended up in Layton on Hwy 89 - trying to get to Ogden! LAME! To make matters worse, I had to stop for gas because I was almost out... and to top it off, my change in my wallet spilled all over my lap as I was getting my credit card out to pay for the gas! Definitely not a good way to start out this experience... and it was just the preface for what was to come...

Since we were late for the appointment, it had pushed into lunch/nap time for Hunter. So, by the time I got there and waited for the gal to finish up with her other appointment, Hunter was way awnry. He wanted nothing to do with sitting in a chair nor wearing an apron. So, I ended up wearing the apron, holding him on my lap and taking his shirt off. The entire time, he just squirmed, cried and hit me (he's in this hitting stage right now - not my favorite...) and was trying to get away from the clippers/scissors. To make matters worse, the gal ended up trying to get the wayward hair off of him by blowing it off with a blow dryer... he is not a fan of the blow dryer at home, let alone having it pointed directly at him in a strange place where someone is "torturing" him. Both of us ended up with a lot of hair on us...

Later that same night, Josh asked Hunter, "Where's your hair?" and Hunter started reaching for his hair and tried to pull at it... but there was nothing really there to pull. He had a very confused and sad look on his face as he was doing it - and it was somewhat heartbreaking to see. Now he stares as himself in the mirror and smiles and giggles at himself... so I guess he's forgiven me for "stealing" his locks. But he'll still grab at his hair when you ask him that same question - it's pretty funny.

It was not a fun experience but when it was all said and done, he looked very handsome. It was weird seeing him without all of his hair but over the last couple of weeks, I have gotten used to it. In fact, when I look back at pictures/videos of him with his long hair, I regret not cutting it sooner... and Josh will disagree with me on that, I'm sure. :P Every time anyone sees him, they comment on how cute or handsome he is and he even got a "stud" remark from his uncle Butch...

So, without further ado, here are the after pics!



2 comments:

Josh said...

Alright just to set the record straight, I asked you to get his hair cut 2 weeks before it actually happened. And I think he looks great either way. Though the long hair was pretty cool. :P

Josh and Sara said...

You have the cutest baby ever !!!!