Friday, September 25, 2009

Part 2

We continued our drive to Cali on our new battery. Since Hunter was awake now, we had to keep him occupied. So, we hooked up the DVD player that I had borrowed from my grandpa and turned on a Baby Einstein program for him. He thought that was awesome!


We made it to Cali and got checked into our hotel. They had put us on the top floor – the 14th – so when you looked out the window, you could see the whole city of Anaheim! (We stayed in Anaheim because my sis gave us a free 2 night stay – thanks Kara!) Hunter thought it was so cool! The windows were low enough, so he could crawl right up to them, pull himself up and look at his awesome surroundings!

We met up with my grandma and grandpa who live in Irvine. They had never met Hunter, so they just thought he was the cutest thing! My grandma’s mom also lives with them and she kept saying how adorable he was!

My grandma had Sprite on hand for us because she had asked what we liked to drink before we came. She poured the Sprite in red plastic cups each time we had it. Josh made the mistake of giving Hunter some of his, so every time we had a red cup in our hands, Hunter knew that it had some yummy sugary Sprite in it! But that’s not the end of the “big boy” food that Hunter had while at my grandparents… Josh had decided that Hunter could try any and every food that we had! The things I can remember off the top of my head are quesadillas, guacamole, spaghetti, garlic bread and of course, the Sprite. He loved all of it! So, I guess any inhibitions I had about what foods Hunter could eat went out the window!

My grandparents had a ton of wind chimes, which Hunter loves to play with at Josh’s parent’s house. So, we had to walk around with him and let him play with all of the wind chimes. He would coo and kick his legs in excitement every time we would even get close to them! It was so cute!


They had this rope mat that was by the door to their deck. They would just leave the deck door open so we could go in and out of the house. Hunter was inside playing while we were on the deck and he decided to join us. He had to cross the rope mat and when he got onto it, he apparently didn't like how it felt on his skin, so he got into this "froggy" position. It was so hilarious because he wouldn't move... he would just sit there in this position! By the end of our time with my grandparents, he got over the "weird" feeling of the mat and was crawling back and forth between the house and the deck...

To be continued...

2 comments:

Liverachi said...

You forgot one other thing that Hunter ate that he thought was delicious. While we were out on the deck he found himself a spider web while we weren't looking. By the time we noticed he had already eaten some of it and had the rest hanging out of his mouth with a huge grin. He apparently thought it was really tasty and was proud of his find.

Kaylee said...

Yuck... I did forget about that... I think I blocked it out of my mind because it's so disgusting...